The Delaware Community Foundation (DCF) seeks an energetic, resourceful and strategic professional to join our organization at an exciting time of transformation and growth. Reporting to the Vice President for Community Impact, the selected candidate will work to ensure resources invested in the community have maximum benefit toward improving quality of life. The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the programmatic activities of the DCF with a particular emphasis on grantmaking related to health outcomes, and including efforts to engage with the community as well as serve donors. This is a unique opportunity for a person who has a passion for service, demonstrated excellence in project management, and is excited to contribute creatively and strategically to the DCF’s vision of expanding opportunity for all Delawareans.Read more
The Town of Camden, Delaware is currently accepting resumes for the full-time position of Town Manager. The Town Manager will be directly accountable to the Mayor and Council, serving the citizens of Camden. Interested parties should have a strong background in municipal operations, management, supervision, finance, and budgeting, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience with computers and Microsoft applications. Applicants must possess a 4-year college degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or in a related field. An applicant that possesses Municipal Code Enforcement qualifications and experience is desired.Read more
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Delaware seeks an Executive Director who will lead the agency to ensure that the mission, strategy, and values are carried out through responsible program administration and development of services and resources within the State of Delaware. The Executive Director manages 13 employees (full-time and part-time) and a budget of $800,000.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Experience as a leader of an organization with a demonstrated record of accomplishment in creating and implementing sustained growth strategies in a non-profit or corporate environment
- Experience in developing and managing a diverse fund development/revenue generating strategy
- Knowledge of youth development and volunteer management
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and engage with community and corporate partners, civic leaders, staff and members.
- Demonstrated experience in fund development and board relations
- Proven leadership, management and team building skills
- Must be self-motivated, responsible and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive team culture by leveraging team members from diverse backgrounds and with diverse points of view.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills that can be adapted based on audience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and proper vehicle insurance
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
This position is casual/seasonal (i.e. part-time) and is classified as a public health treatment program administrator. The position will be responsible for direct management and fiscal oversight of all of the Maternal Child Health social marketing education, prevention campaigns and projects. Duties will include overseeing all social marketing projects for the Family Health Systems Section including the developing of evidence-based educational and behavioral change messaging, blogs, social media posts and marketing materials, coordinating all planning and project management with the chosen state social marketing contractual vendor.
To apply, click the link below
CLOSING DATE: 3/16/2020 11:59:00 PM
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Analyzes, recommends and monitors fiscal activities with regard to revenue and expenditures, program initiatives, performance and trends within assigned agencies.
- Provides budgetary and programmatic expertise to agency heads, fiscal officers, the Legislature, and the Governor.
- Reviews and analyzes preliminary budget data in preparation of budget targets and assists agencies in their interpretation and implementation of budget guidelines and policies.
- Reviews and analyzes legislation to determine fiscal and organizational impact.
- Reviews and analyzes requests for federal funds prior to being submitted to the Clearinghouse Committee.
- Conducts special studies.
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors public budgetary policy.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding strategic plans for budgetary programs throughout state government.
- Assists in the development and production of the Governor’s Recommended Budget.
The City of Newark is seeking a detail-oriented people-person looking to start, or continue, a career in human resources. As a member of the management team, the Human Capital Manager will work directly with the City Manager’s Office to administer benefits among City employees. The position also leads the Employee Engagement and Wellness Committee and Professional Development Committee, promotes wellness, assists with labor relations and employee development. The position assists with recruitment efforts and is the primary onboarding/offboarding agent for new hires into the organization. Professional development opportunities exist with local and national associations and conferences. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Benefit Administration, or Organization Theory preferred. Starting salary is commensurate with experience. Salary range is $55,676 - $73,970 with excellent fringe benefits and professional development opportunities.
Interested individuals can review a full job description online and must complete an application at www.newarkde.gov/jobs by 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 21, 2020. EOE.Read more
This position will lead efforts to plan, design, and implement statewide policies and programs for land use and sustainability, with an emphasis on programs for municipal and county governments. Key program priorities include climate change, electric vehicles, and green infrastructure. This position will also lead the Department's participation in the Preliminary Land Use Service, and coordinate review of comprehensive development plans, ordinances, and development proposals. This position will supervise 1-3 planning staff.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Possession of a Bachelors Degree in Planning, Engineering, Life Science, Physical Science, Social Science, or related field.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Experience in leading multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Experience in applying conservation practices to development plans.
- Possession of Professional Certification through the American Institute of Certified Planners, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or related organization.
For more information and to apply, click here.Read more
The Town of Bridgeville, Delaware is currently accepting resumes for the position of Town Manager. Applicants must have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field (Master’s Degree preferred) and have a minimum of five years (5) experience in municipal or business administration. Applicants must have exceptional skills in personnel administration, leadership, financial management, grant applications, and public relations. Experience working with a variety of committees or boards in a growing community is desirable. The job descriptions can be found on the Town website, www.bridgeville.delaware.gov . Please forward resumes, including a minimum of three (3) professional references, to Mr. Thomas Carey, Commission President, Town of Bridgeville, 101 N. Main Street, Bridgeville, Delaware 19933 or via e-mail to email@example.com by February 21, 2020. The Town of Bridgeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
The Delaware Transit Corporation is searching for a Business Analyst that will be responsible for performing analyses of capital and operating budgets including valuation of capital investments, deferred maintenance, transit asset management, current and proposed budget revenue per source, impact of new initiatives and service on organization’s financial model. . The position is responsible for such duties as data collection and compilation, annual budget development and mid-year projections; maintenance and development of regular reports necessary to monitor performance relative to the financial plan, revenue , and business performance; facilitating management analysis of efficiencies; performing research, including industry and market trends, and developing responses to changes in financial requirements; and developing and analyzing fare policy, impacts to revenue projections and ridership Periodic internal and external reporting requirements are a significant and critical responsibility for the position. The Business Analyst is expected to support the equitable, economically viable and sustainable delivery of transit service throughout Delaware.
For more information, please click here.Read more
Sussex County, DE is currently seeking a Director of Planning and Zoning. The Director performs executive level responsibilities in the administration and operation of the Department of Planning and Zoning. The incumbent is responsible for the overall administration of a comprehensive planning and land development regulation process in accordance with Federal, State and local laws. Utilizes the county-wide geographic information system. Exercises supervision over direct reports and staff members. Represents the County on matters relating to development issues under the general policy direction of the County Administrator and County Council. For more information and to apply, click here.
Position: Director Planning & Zoning
Department: Planning & Zoning
Date Opened: 12/30/2019
Date Closed: 01/13/2020
Pay Grade: 28Read more