Delaware's Office of Management and Budget is currently seeking a Fiscal and Policy Analyst. Interested parties can view the job description, here. For more information, please click "Read more" below. If there are questions, please contact the State of Delaware by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at email@example.com.Read more
Congratulations to Scott Eisenhart, DAPA's inaugural Young Professional of the Year Award Winner!
- Researching and analyzing relevant legislative issues, tracking legislation and preparing member briefings and materials, and assisting in the design and development of strategies to pass or defeat legislation before the House.
- Managing constituent inquiries and maintaining harmonious relations with constituents to solve problems and provide requested information.
- Attending assigned Committee meetings and providing effective resource support for the group and individual members.
- Representing the members at various meetings, gatherings, and other forums to provide and/or collect information.
- Researching, developing and drafting speeches, articles, letters, and other printed communication for members.
- Providing effective liaison and technical assistance to state agencies, federal and local governmental officials, and the general public.
- Providing effective counsel and advice to members on pending legislative and any other current issues.
- Working with House attorneys as requested and assisting in the development and drafting of proposed legislation.
Scott credits his graduate education at the University of Delaware's School of Public Policy and Administration (SPPA) for providing him the experiences, knowledge, and tools needed to excel in the world of 21st century politics and policy. Chief among these was Scott's experience as a Legislative Fellow, where he served for two legislative sessions and learned firsthand how policy is crafted at the state level. Other SPPA-related activities that aided Scott were his time as a Public Administration Fellow with the Institute for Public Administration's Planning Services Group, a study abroad trip to South Korea, and a winter break in Washington, D.C., interning on Capitol Hill.
Scott is honored and humbled to be able to have a job that he loves. He is a believer in "paying it forward," and encourages current students to reach out if they have questions about the Delaware House of Representatives, politics and policy, or life after graduation.
Scott's nominator said his, "commitment to the constituents and legislators he works with leads him to be a mentor among his peers, as well as with the new generation of graduate students at the University."
DAPA is proud to honor Scott Eisenhart as the 2018 Young Professional of the Year!Read more
DAPA Council meeting minutes from April 10, 2017, are now available on the Documents page.
DAPA Council meeting minutes from March 13, 2017, are now available on the Documents page.
The Ocean Pines Association, an Home Owner's Association located in Ocean Pines, Maryland is currently seeking a General Manager. Interested parties can view the job description, here. If more information is needed, or if there are questions, please see The Novak Consulting Group website.
DAPA Council meeting minutes from February 13, 2017, are now available on the Documents page.
DAPA Member Dr. Jerome Lewis, Director of the Institute for Public Administration, was selected to receive the Elmer B. Staats Lifetime Achievement Award for Distinguished Public Service. The award was established to honor a public administrator's career accomplishments and contributions to public service and ASPA over a lifetime. The DAPA council invites members to join in congratulating Dr. Lewis on this wonderful honor.
Dr. Lewis accepted the award during the Donald C. Stone Lecture at the 2017 ASPA Annual Conference, on place March 17-21, at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel in Atlanta, Ga.
ASPA President-Elect Jane Pisano presented the award (photo courtesy of Karen Garrett).Read more
On December 15, 2016, DAPA elected a new board to serve the organization in a leadership capacity, each for a two-year term. Elected positions include council-at-large members, president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer.
President Gene Dvornick
Gene Dvornick currently serves as Town Manager for the Town of Georgetown. He has held this position since being appointed in 2007. Gene is active in the City Management Association of Delaware, Delaware Association for Public Administration, Delaware League of Local Governments, International City/County Management Association (ICMA), State of Delaware – Water Infrastructure Advisory Council, and Sussex County Association of Towns. Gene holds a Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting) from Shepherd University and a Master of Accountancy from Virginia Tech. He is currently enrolled in the MPA – C.E.O. Program at the University of Delaware.
Second Vice President Daniel L. Smith
Dan Smith is MPA Director and Associate Professor in the School of Public Policy & Administration at the University of Delaware. He is a member of the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council (GASAC), and the Chair-Elect of the Association for Budgeting and Financial Management (ABFM). Previously he was Associate Professor and Director of the Finance Specialization in the Wagner School of Public Service at New York University. He earned his PhD from the University of Georgia, and his BA and MPA from the University of Delaware.
DAPA Council meeting minutes from November 15, 2016, are now available on the Documents page.
Angie Kline, Marcia Scott, Savannah Edwards, Jessica Stump, Julia O'Hanlon, Evan Miller, and Eli Turkel at the Northeast Conference for Public Administration.
Delaware was well-represented at the recent Northeast Conference for Public Administration held in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The conference was co-hosted by ASPA’s Central Pennsylvania Chapter and Penn State Harrisburg. In keeping with the theme of Public Administration in the Era of Collaboration, DAPA members and IPA staff and students presented on diverse research topics, including:
- Utilizing GIS Story Maps to Engage Citizens in Planning for Complete Communities in Delaware, Savannah Edwards
- Delaware's Paratransit Policy and the Need for Innovation, Eli Turkel
- Evaluating the State of Mobility Management and Specialized Transportation Coordination in Delaware, Marcia Scott, Julia O'Hanlon, Jessica Stump, and Evan Miller
- Living in the First State for the Last Years: Aging in Southern Delaware, Julia O'Hanlon and Angie Kline
- Mapping the Regional Institutional Contexts of US Cybersecurity, Troy Mix and Eli Turkel
- Data, Evidence and Children’s Rights: Examining the Impact of the Data Science Revolution on State Level Child Advocacy Organizations, John McNutt and Janice Barlow
- Civil Society in Belarus: Challenges and Prospects, Yuliya Brel
- Progress towards New Public Governance in Romania, Cristina Stanica