$45,202 -- FULL-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: 18 The Green, Dover, DE 19901
OPENING DATE:12/3/2020 CLOSING DATE: 12/18/2020
As a non-State Planner III, you are part of our Policy and Planning team responsible for analyzing past and current trends, synthesizing the results with the present regulatory, social, economic, political, and environmental situation, conceptualizing and developing viable alternatives and recommendations, presenting the findings and recommendations to agency staff, public officials, stakeholders, and citizens. This involves evaluating the impact and outcomes of those recommendations.
Applicants must show on the application, transcript of education, training or experience demonstrating competence in the following areas:
- At least two years’ experience as a planner OR at least two years’ experience in a planning function.
- Experience in designing, collecting data, analyzing and presenting results through technical and analytical reports, PowerPoint presentations, web applications and Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping services.
- Experience as a project manager of most complex planning projects.
- Knowledge and proficiency using computer software programs, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, internet applications, and ArcGIS. GISP Certification or experience in Adobe InDesign™ and Illustrator™ desired.
- Excellent research, organizational, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Planner III works in the Policy & Planning section and uses GIS in the performance of planning and research projects related to housing and community development.
Accountabilities will include:
- Planning Projects: Provide research and technical assistance in most complex planning projects. Conduct research and analysis to inform planning and decision-making, track and present performance. Provide support to synthesize and interpret issues.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): Responsible for most mapping needs. Gather, manage, and analyze publicly available and agency spatial data into tables, graphs, and maps to reveal patterns, relationships, and situations to help DSHA staff and the public make informed decisions. Prepare routine and special mapping projects to support programs, research and policy. Maintain ongoing internal data for mapping.
These include up to 15 vacation days and 15 sick day leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a year, liberal retirement benefits, immediate access to paid health, short and long term disability, and life insurance plans and voluntary dental, vision, and various supplemental benefit options.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications must be completed by the closing date of December 18, 2020 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: e-mail: [email protected]
THE DSHA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES IN ALL PHASES OF THE APPLICATION AND EMPLOYMENT PROCESS. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL 739-4263 TO REQUEST AN AUXILIARY AID OR SERVICE.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS MANDATORY. FAILURE TO AGREE TO DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF EMPLOYMENT OFFER.