The DAPA Outstanding Student Public Service Award
The DAPA Outstanding Student Public Service Award is presented each year to a graduate student who best exemplifies the caliber of achievement necessary for a successful public service career. The $500 award is presented at DAPA’s annual meeting.
The competition is open to any graduate student attending a Delaware higher education institution who:
- Is currently enrolled full-time or part-time in a graduate degree program;
- Has completed at least 18 graduate credit hours in that degree program;
- Has a graduate GPA of 3.25 or above; and
- Is a member of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) or DAPA.
To apply, a student should submit:
- A current resume;
- A statement that demonstrates a personal commitment to public service through community service and College/School/Center involvement;
- A plan that describes how the funding would be used to enhance her/his professional development in public service or the field of public administration; and
- Two letters of reference from persons who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications. These references may be faculty, professional staff or public service practitioners. The letters should be mailed directly to the DAPA Awards Committee at the address given below.
All application materials will be due in October 2017, mailed to:
DAPA Awards Committee
Institute for Public Administration
180 Graham Hall
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716-7380
For more information about ASPA, visit the ASPA website.