This award recognizes a young professional working in Delaware who demonstrates:
- Excellence in contribution to public administration, management, or service over the last 5 years;
- Active support and fostering of other young leaders in their field; and
- An innovation of new practices and promoting the importance of these practices in their field.
Applicants must be 35-years-old or younger and have worked in the field for 5 years or less. Awards winners are selected from all levels of public service—local, state, and federal government and nonprofit organizations. Eligibility also includes individuals from the private sector who have made significant contributions in public service in Delaware.
- Recognition during Public Service Recognition Week.
- Free ASPA membership for the next year.
Responsibilities of Awardee
- Host one of this summer's Third Thursday events
- Be an “Ambassador” by attending at least 2 other events throughout the year
- Introduce the Public Service Awardee at the Annual Dinner
DAPA's Young Professional of the Year Award Winner!