The Institute for Public Administration (IPA) is a public service and research center in the Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration at the University of Delaware. IPA addresses the policy, planning and management needs of its partners through the integration of applied research, professional development and the education of tomorrow’s leaders. The Conflict Resolution Program is one of the programs under IPA.
The new hire will assist in managing a re-occurring contract with the State of Delaware and serve as a researcher, trainer, facilitator and mediator on various other public service projects. The new hire will support IPA’s commitment to providing research and public service in Delaware and meet the growing demand for education services. The new hire will ensure the continuity of professional and timely public service to our partners and clients; including but not limited projects that support the Delaware legislature, local governments, the Delaware Department of Education, and others.
- Work is minimally supervised for less complex projects and moderately supervised for more complex projects.
- Identifies and actively pursues funding opportunities and successfully obtains smaller amounts of funding and acts as a principal investigator (PI) or co-PI with state agencies and organizations.
- Serves as a mediator and facilitator for Delaware’s statewide special education dispute resolution program known as SPARC.
- Plans, develops and negotiates yearly contracts for mediation, facilitation, and professional development services.
- Delivers public service for programs and projects including but limited to, organizational retreats, skill building workshops, professional development, meeting facilitation and mediation.
- Designs and delivers workshops and presentations in-person and virtually.
- Plays a central role in collecting analyzing complex information and writes material that contributes to the production of reports and other products. Conducts extensive client interviewing and research to support successful service delivery. May be a co-author of reports/articles.
- Collaborates on program and activities within IPA, the School and other University of Delaware programs.
- Designs, produces and publishes annual reports of program/project outcomes.
- Presents at state-wide conferences on topics related to IPA projects.
- Supervises small project teams consisting of support staff, professionals, graduate research assistants and undergraduate students.
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of experience, Master’s degree with two years of experience, or Doctoral degree.
- Knowledge of dispute resolution methods and applications.
- Ability to initiate and negotiate contracts for services that support the vision and mission of the unit, center and university.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours Monday through Friday.
- Preference will be given to applicants trained and experienced in mediation, meeting and group facilitation, teaching and/or training.
Special considerations for position working conditions/physical effort:
- The position requires the incumbent to drive, travel state-wide to deliver services and carry objects that are 25lbs.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Applications close: Jul 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Job no: 496584
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30E