Healthy Communities Delaware, an innovative new place-based approach to address social determinants of health, is seeking a high-level, seasoned, energetic leader to serve as the inaugural Executive Director. Executive Director is responsible for overseeing day-to-day administration, programs and strategic plan of Healthy Communities Delaware. The position reports directly to the management group. Other duties include community outreach, stakeholder engagement, public speaking and communications.Read more
The American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) is partnering with its Center for Accountability and Performance to present a webinar: Finding the Missing Link: Improving Governance and Performance through Citizen Input and Digital Technology.
Taking place this coming Tuesday, September 24 at 1 p.m. ET, we will look at ways technology can help local governments increase citizen engagement – and government performance.Read more
ASPA's 2020 Annual Awards Program is now open for nominations! The nomination process will close on Friday, November 1, 2019. Click here to submit a nomination!
The majority of awards will be presented at ASPA's 2020 Annual Conference, April 3-7, in Anaheim, CA. Click here to register now!
For more information, visit ASPA's WebsiteRead more
Delaware's Office of Management and Budget is currently hiring for a Fiscal and Policy Analyst (Federal Aid and Grant Coordinator). This position is the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for federal grant applications for state, private, regional agencies and local governments. It serves as primary support for the Delaware State Clearinghouse Committee. A class incumbent is responsible for researching, analyzing and evaluating grant opportunities at the State level. Work involves complex and wide-ranging areas including analysis of grants, Federal, State and department mandates, strategic and long-range plans, and legislation. Anyone interested can view the job posting here.Read more
The Delaware Center for Justice is currently seeking a Case Manager for the Community Reintegration Services Program. Interested parties can view the job description, here. For more information, please click "Read more" below. If there are questions, please contact Jessica Alicea by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
Congratulations to Scott Eisenhart, DAPA's inaugural Young Professional of the Year Award Winner!
- Researching and analyzing relevant legislative issues, tracking legislation and preparing member briefings and materials, and assisting in the design and development of strategies to pass or defeat legislation before the House.
- Managing constituent inquiries and maintaining harmonious relations with constituents to solve problems and provide requested information.
- Attending assigned Committee meetings and providing effective resource support for the group and individual members.
- Representing the members at various meetings, gatherings, and other forums to provide and/or collect information.
- Researching, developing and drafting speeches, articles, letters, and other printed communication for members.
- Providing effective liaison and technical assistance to state agencies, federal and local governmental officials, and the general public.
- Providing effective counsel and advice to members on pending legislative and any other current issues.
- Working with House attorneys as requested and assisting in the development and drafting of proposed legislation.
Scott credits his graduate education at the University of Delaware's School of Public Policy and Administration (SPPA) for providing him the experiences, knowledge, and tools needed to excel in the world of 21st century politics and policy. Chief among these was Scott's experience as a Legislative Fellow, where he served for two legislative sessions and learned firsthand how policy is crafted at the state level. Other SPPA-related activities that aided Scott were his time as a Public Administration Fellow with the Institute for Public Administration's Planning Services Group, a study abroad trip to South Korea, and a winter break in Washington, D.C., interning on Capitol Hill.
Scott is honored and humbled to be able to have a job that he loves. He is a believer in "paying it forward," and encourages current students to reach out if they have questions about the Delaware House of Representatives, politics and policy, or life after graduation.
Scott's nominator said his, "commitment to the constituents and legislators he works with leads him to be a mentor among his peers, as well as with the new generation of graduate students at the University."
DAPA is proud to honor Scott Eisenhart as the 2018 Young Professional of the Year!Read more
DAPA Council meeting minutes from April 10, 2017, are now available on the Documents page.
DAPA Council meeting minutes from March 13, 2017, are now available on the Documents page.
The Ocean Pines Association, an Home Owner's Association located in Ocean Pines, Maryland is currently seeking a General Manager. Interested parties can view the job description, here. If more information is needed, or if there are questions, please see The Novak Consulting Group website.
DAPA Council meeting minutes from February 13, 2017, are now available on the Documents page.