The Town of Bridgeville, Delaware is currently accepting resumes for the position of Town Manager. Applicants must have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field (Master’s Degree preferred) and have a minimum of five years (5) experience in municipal or business administration. Applicants must have exceptional skills in personnel administration, leadership, financial management, grant applications, and public relations. Experience working with a variety of committees or boards in a growing community is desirable. The job descriptions can be found on the Town website, www.bridgeville.delaware.gov . Please forward resumes, including a minimum of three (3) professional references, to Mr. Thomas Carey, Commission President, Town of Bridgeville, 101 N. Main Street, Bridgeville, Delaware 19933 or via e-mail to email@example.com by February 21, 2020. The Town of Bridgeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Machines, Equipment, Tools Used:
- Computer, photocopying/fax/scan machine, calculator and all office related equipment.
Source of Authority
- Town Commissioners
- Be the chief administrative officer of the Town and see that its ordinances are faithfully executed;
- Appoint and remove all subordinate officers and employees of the Town with the rules and regulations of the Bridgeville Personnel Policy and administer the personnel system so as to establish and maintain an effective working relationship between the employees, department heads and the Town Commissioners;
- Assist in preparing and administering the annual budget in cooperation with department heads and Finance Director;
- Prepares and submits reports and information as may be requested by Town Commissioners;
- Keeps the Town Commissioners advised of all matters affecting the manner of town operations;
- Responsible for town procurement and sales, following adopted policies;
- Facilitates all Town Commission meetings;
- Prepares day-to-day correspondence;
- Human Resources, to include payroll approval, discipline and employee records;
- Assist residents with complaints, concerns, etc.;
- Coordinate the annual municipal election;
- Prepare Resolutions and Proclamations; assist the town solicitor in the preparation of Ordinances;
- Represent the town at various state and local meetings;
- Approves and oversees all grant applications, expenditures and final reports;
- Evaluate department head performance annually in written form;
- Maintain effective relationships with town residents and staff;
- Participate in the preparation of emergency preparedness plans for the Town and shall be present within the Town during all emergencies, unless otherwise directed;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Town Commissioners.
Knowledgeable, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of municipal organization, administrative and managerial techniques. Ability to utilize research methods and reporting techniques in an effective manner. Must be able to obtain cooperation and respect of all town residents and employees.
Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field (Master’s Degree preferred) and have a minimum of five years (5) experience in municipal or business administration. Must have exceptional skills in personnel administration, leadership, financial management, grant applications, and public relations. Experience working with a variety of committees or boards in a growing community is desirable.