Congratulations to Scott Eisenhart, DAPA's inaugural Young Professional of the Year Award Winner!
- Researching and analyzing relevant legislative issues, tracking legislation and preparing member briefings and materials, and assisting in the design and development of strategies to pass or defeat legislation before the House.
- Managing constituent inquiries and maintaining harmonious relations with constituents to solve problems and provide requested information.
- Attending assigned Committee meetings and providing effective resource support for the group and individual members.
- Representing the members at various meetings, gatherings, and other forums to provide and/or collect information.
- Researching, developing and drafting speeches, articles, letters, and other printed communication for members.
- Providing effective liaison and technical assistance to state agencies, federal and local governmental officials, and the general public.
- Providing effective counsel and advice to members on pending legislative and any other current issues.
- Working with House attorneys as requested and assisting in the development and drafting of proposed legislation.
Scott credits his graduate education at the University of Delaware's School of Public Policy and Administration (SPPA) for providing him the experiences, knowledge, and tools needed to excel in the world of 21st century politics and policy. Chief among these was Scott's experience as a Legislative Fellow, where he served for two legislative sessions and learned firsthand how policy is crafted at the state level. Other SPPA-related activities that aided Scott were his time as a Public Administration Fellow with the Institute for Public Administration's Planning Services Group, a study abroad trip to South Korea, and a winter break in Washington, D.C., interning on Capitol Hill.
Scott is honored and humbled to be able to have a job that he loves. He is a believer in "paying it forward," and encourages current students to reach out if they have questions about the Delaware House of Representatives, politics and policy, or life after graduation.
Scott's nominator said his, "commitment to the constituents and legislators he works with leads him to be a mentor among his peers, as well as with the new generation of graduate students at the University."
DAPA is proud to honor Scott Eisenhart as the 2018 Young Professional of the Year!
This award recognizes a young professional working in Delaware who demonstrates:
- Excellence in contribution to public administration, management, or service over the last 5 years;
- Active support and fostering of other young leaders in their field; and
- An innovation of new practices and promoting the importance of these practices in their field.
Applicants must be 35-years-old or younger and have worked in the field for 5 years or less. Awards winners are selected from all levels of public service—local, state, and federal government and nonprofit organizations. Eligibility also includes individuals from the private sector who have made significant contributions in public service in Delaware.
- Recognition during Public Service Recognition Week.
- Free DAPA membership for the next year.
Responsibilities of Awardee
- Host one of this summer's Third Thursday events
- Be an “Ambassador” by attending at least 2 other events throughout the year
- Introduce the Public Service Awardee at the Annual Dinner