The Town of Camden, Delaware is currently accepting resumes for the full-time position of Account Specialist. The Account Specialist oversees all the Town finances of the day-to-day operations of the Town under the direction of the Town Manager. The Account Specialist handles the Human Resource Function of the Town, handling all Personnel issues. This function includes but is not limited to all payroll, benefits, vacation and sick time accrual, health and life insurance premiums, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), processing of newly hired employees, workers’ compensation, disability issues, pension payments and processing of retiring town employees, etc. The Account Specialist works in concert with the Town Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who is a subcontracted employee of the Town. Along with that, he/she also assists the annual external auditors for the town in fulfilling all requests they make in completing their audit.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and payroll taxes including all deductions
- Process new hire forms
- Responsible for all insurance renewals
- Handles all accounts payable, accounts receivable, and Human Resource Functions
- Reconciles all bank statements
- Maintains town escrow accounts
- Prepares all bank deposits
- Prepares, presents and maintains the budget in concert with the Mayor & Council decisions
- Assists the Town Manager with the formulation and completion of the Comprehensive Plan, along with updated amendments to the Plan
- Prepares all documentation for annual fiscal audit and is primary point of contact with audit team
- Serves as records manager for all town financial documents
- Organizes and executes, with the help of the Town Manager, all special Town Events to include Town Elections, Caroling in Camden, and Rider Pride Day
- Prepares all financial reports for all Town Council Meetings
- Attends and Delivers a financial report at all monthly Council Meetings
- Serves as the Election Officer for all Town Elections
- Cross-Trains and knows all the duties of the Town Clerk, and serves as a backup for that position
- Answers phone and provides customer service when necessary
- Attendance of Mayor and Council monthly meetings are required
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in accounting or related business field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully complete the duties of the position.
Benefits include a comprehensive health plan, pension plan, vacation, and sick time; salary will be commensurate with experience and education and is budgeted at $42,500K-47,500K based on experience and qualifications. Letters of interest and resumes should be mailed to Camden Town Hall, 1783 Friends Way, Camden, DE 19934, or electronically emailed to the Town Clerk at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants that are scheduled for interviews will be contacted. At some juncture during the process, three professional references may be required. A full job description of the Account Specialist can be found at: www.camden.delaware.gov. This position will continue to stay open until filled. The Town of Camden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.