Delaware's Office of Management and Budget is currently seeking a Fiscal and Policy Analyst. Interested parties can view the job description, here. For more information, please click "Read more" below. If there are questions, please contact the State of Delaware by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click the link here.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Analyzes, recommends and monitors fiscal activities with regard to revenue and expenditures, program initiatives, performance and trends within assigned agencies.
- Provides budgetary and programmatic expertise to agency heads, fiscal officers, the Legislature, and the Governor.
- Reviews and analyzes preliminary budget data in preparation of budget targets and assists agencies in their interpretation and implementation of budget guidelines and policies.
- Reviews and analyzes legislation to determine fiscal and organizational impact.
- Reviews and analyzes requests for federal funds prior to being submitted to the Clearinghouse Committee.
- Conducts special studies.
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors public budgetary policy.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding strategic plans for budgetary programs throughout state government.
- Assists in the development and production of the Governor’s Recommended Budget.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Public Administration, Business, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Six months experience in financial administration such as comprehensive analysis of programs, budgets, projects, services, alternatives, and costs; financial planning, revenue generation, revenue forecasting, expenditure forecasting, cash flow management and establishing internal control.
- Six months experience in providing guidance and direction to management/officials in accomplishing financial, program and organizational goals and objectives, identifying and resolving issues.
- Six months experience in developing, reviewing and analyzing public policies.
- Six months experience in analyzing legislation.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
Interested parties must submit an application by June 18, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.